Our latest Testimonial...
I would just like to say a very big 'thank you' to you and Matt for the exceptional service you provided to me on this job.
Given that the problem only came to light 2 weeks before Christmas, the fact that you could open up the walls, do the repairs, have the 'out of production' 1920's architraves specially made, then coordinate all the sub trades to have the entry looking as good as new - all before Christmas is just exceptional.
This level of service is why you will always be my first call when there is building work to be done!
Thanks again for the really prompt and efficient work..
Matthew R - Jan 2013
Follow your dreams - renovate to a new home...
If you can dream it we can design and build it for you.
We do everything from makeovers and renovations, to the building of new homes. We know what the most important rooms in the home are, and how to add value and improve the liveability of the home.
We offer a makeover service that's second to none, including everything from concept and design if required, all building trades and full project management.
Call us now to fulfil your dreams 09 631 7106
We really do make renovations easy!
Check out the photos from our latest
***** All photos remain the property of Fix It Building Services Taranaki *****
Contact us to discuss how we can assist your build your dream home! (09) 631 7106
Veranda Repairs, Auckland – May 2012
Recently the Auckland City Council reviewed hundreds of veranda’s and balconies in the CBD, Ponsonby, Newmarket and Mt Eden suburbs only to find many of them wouldn’t withstand an earthquake and some are even falling down in high winds ... view work done and briefing
Three good reasons to improve and not move!
- Moving is expensive. The real estate agent's commission and moving expenses can cost more than $20,000. And most buyers want to make changes to their new home anyway.
- Get the home you really want. If you’re happy with your home’s location, neighbours and section, it may only take a makeover here and a tweak there, to transform a good home into a great one. Consider adding extra rooms to gain additional space, or installing French doors and a deck to open up the house to the great outdoors and create ideal indoor/outdoor flow.
- Renovating is one of the best investments there is. Apart from capturing your home’s full potential in terms of resale value, a makeover or renovation can really improve your family's lifestyle and sense of space, especially if it’s a two-bedroom house and you add another bedroom, or if you open up one side or build up to take advantage of views.
The pros / cons of supplying your own fixtures and fittings
At Fix It we’re happy to supply fixtures and fittings, or to install those supplied by you. Providing your own can save money by enabling you to take advantage of one-off specials or discounts.
But it sometimes proves to be a costly option because supplying the wrong product (such as an ‘s-trap’ toilet instead of a ‘p-trap’ toilet) can hold up the job and add extra cost. We’ve also seen cases where customers buy very cheap products and end up quickly having to replace them.
At Fix It we guarantee all products and materials that we supply. What’s more, our bulk-buying ability means we can often source products at excellent rates and pass on the savings to you.
Feel free to contact us for objective advice and a no-obligations price if you're considering supplying your own fittings.
Contact Matt or Sally on (09) 631 7106 for a no-obligations consultation.
As a person nervously embarking on my first home renovation, I found that I was in very safe hands with Matt, Sally and the team. Matt was wonderfully uncompromising when it came to producing the highest quality work, while still being able to realise the vision I had for my dream bathroom. The site was very tricky, being a heritage listed building, and the allowances were very tight, but Matt kept up great communication with me, and made sure I had the opportunity to make the crucial desicions at every turn. This has made for a bathroom which is elegant and beautiful as well as being elegantly and beautifully functional in such a tiny space.
Mandy, Nov 2012 (view gallery)
We have dealt with Fixit Building Services for the last three years and more recently we have needed major bathroom repairs. We have found them to be efficient, reliable, honest and friendly. We have had instances of late where we have needed emergency jobs done promptly and they have been there for us. I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Kaye and John Carroll - Aug 2012
Matt's Top Tip: How to give a good brief – and save money
Providing a clear brief at the beginning of a job will save you time, money and hassle.
Be sure your brief specifies:
- exactly what you want to achieve from the project (e.g. more space, better flow, etc.)
- what qualities you want from your builder or tradesperson (e.g. pro-active, reliable, etc.).
Think about who will project manage the job and co-ordinate tradespeople, materials, council inspections, etc. This can take a lot of time and, if poorly done, can result in unforeseen problems and budget over-runs.
Even though a good quality tradesperson will consult closely with you, a clear brief is important because it removes ambiguity.
It’s worth taking the time to think every aspect through because variations can be costly once the project begins.
Contact Matt or Sally on (09) 631 7106 for a no-obligations consultation.
We’re here to help
Offering such a broad range of building services – from major renovations to supplying individual fittings – means that people sometimes get confused about exactly what we can do for them.
In a word, it’s ‘building’. We love building and no job is too big or too small, too routine or too weird. - well, within limits!
No matter whether you need a new toilet seat installed in a commercial office, or full project management and supplying all tradespeople relevant to a major renovation – we’re here to help.
We genuinely care and are happy to do those little extras even if, as in one case, it involves removing an eel from an internal fish pond!
You’re not alone if you find building projects stressful and it’s our mission to make your home improvement as hassle-free as possible and to ensure the work is done on time and within budget.
Buildings are our game – but your peace-of-mind is our aim!
Matt & Sally
Ph: (09) 631 7106
or Ph: 0800 CAN FIX (0800 226 349)
Postal Address: PO Box 67 127, Mt Eden, Auckland
Hate your bathroom?
It's never been a better time to get the bathroom you’ll love. We at Fix It Renovations will show you how AND add value to your home.
Your 'One-Stop' Renovation Shop
Want to know where to start?
- Kitchens (makeovers as well as full remodels)
- Attics and lofts
- Additions and extensions
- Add a second storey or lift your house
We also offer a range of services to make your home drier, warmer and more comfortable, including;
- Installing insulation
- Relining walls to a paint finish
- All types of building repairs
- Draught and leak fixing
- General building
Call us on (09) 931 7106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free initial consultation.
Introducing the exclusive written Fix It Peace of Mind Guarantee
Everyone in our industry claims they guarantee their work, but only we offer the Fix It Peace of Mind Guarantee in writing, providing you with not one, but 9 guarantees, including our guarantees to:
- Do the job right first time
- Stand behind our workmanship for 5 years
- Warranty the materials supplied by us
- Provide the right person for the job
- Abide by Fix It’s written Service Standards
- Provide the protection of Public Liability Insurance
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations
- Provide you with a fixed price
- Complete your project on time